The challenge this fortnight at I ❤️Promarkers is
'For A Girl'
and the sponsor for this challenge is IKEsART with $15 prize to spend in the store
For my DT inspiration I have used one of Ike's images form the HORSES Set of 6 and created my pinky purple background to give the card a 'girly' feel. To create the card I printed the horse and a second copy on printer paper to use as a mask. I then hand cut the hills and clouds also to be used as masks. It was then out with my air brush to colour the background, pretty pleased with the way it turned out for a first attempt at trying to create a scene this way. I then coloured the horse also with Promarkers and then stamped some grass. Alas a bit of a problem with the moon, originally it was masked too and then I used the reverse of the mask to keep the moon exposed but protect the rest of the card so I could give it a blast with Crafters Companion silver glitter spray - but, oh the big 'but' lol, I was rather heavy handed and the varnish ended up bleeding under the masked area grrrrrr. To cover up my boo boo I die cut another moon out of silver card to place on top and hide my error. Learnt the lesson the hard way now just hope I remember for the future. Finally I got round to creating the sentiment which I then backed on silver along with the image layer and finished off by embossing some purple glitter paper for my card base before assembling everything.
Promarkers used : - ice grey 1-5, amethyst, wild orchid, pink pearl and lavender.
I am entering this card in the following challenges : -
- Stinkin' Inkers - M, E3 - February - Use One Or More Embossing Folders
- Tuesday Throwdown W - #451 Use Your Favorite Color (week 1) - FAV COLOUR PURPLE AS TO ME IT IS THE COLOUR OF EQUALITY - MADE UP OF BLUE AND PINK/RED FAMILY IT IS NEITHER MALE OR FEMALE BUT A MIXTURE OF BOTH :)
- Always Fun Challenges - (W, 3E, Top 3 Awarded) #150 ANIMALS
- Dream Valley Challenges (2W, 3E, C10)#219 HAND-COLORED IMAGE (WEEK 1)
- Make My Monday (2W, Top 3, 3E) #116 CRITTERS (Week 1)