One of the problems about pyrography for me was finding a suitable way to transfer the images to wood, until now I have done it the old fashioned way of pencilling the back of the design and then tracing the image onto the wood but with arthritic hands that has always been a bit much for the old bones :). I was browsing different things on the net one day and started searching for way to transfer the images and came across a video showing the use of pure acetone and laser printed images and had to give it a go. You just needed to print you image in reverse, using a paintbrush and working in small areas apply the pure acetone gently. Rub over the area with the back of a tea spoon until the paper appears dry and you will find the laser ink has been transferred to the wood - pure magic. I so wanted to give this a go and had a few heart shaped keyring blanks that would be an interesting project to do.
6 different Aurora Wings images were used, firstly being resized to what I wanted on the keyrings, then printed. I also created sentiments to go on the back of each keyring. Next I transferred the images and then using my finest pyrography tool set about the wood burning on both sides of the hearts.
Still in an experimenting mode I then coloured 3 of the images with Prisma Colour pencils before varnishing. Last job was to attach the keyring chains. So happy with the way these have turned out and they will make great wee gifts for my friends, hope you like them too.
Detailed images of the front and back of each keyring
- Crafty Creations 2W,2nd/4th Wed, 2E - Always Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread 2W, E3, no digital projects - #98 - Always Anything Goes (Week 1)
- Get Creative Challenges (M, 1st Mon, 3E) #82 ANYTHING GOES with optional/ MONOCHROMATIC (ENTERING THE THREE UNCOLOURED KEYRINGS IN LINE WITH MONOCHROMATIC - thank you)
- Stamping Sensations - M, 3E, Winner + Top 3, must use stamp (no pre-colored digis) Stamp must be focal point of project – (July) Earth Laughs in Flowers
- The Corrosive Challenges - M, 3E - Always Anything Goes
- We Love 2 Create - 2W (ends Tuesday) - Always Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
- A Gem of a Challenge 2W, 3E - #13 - Anything Goes (W2 of 2)