Followers

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Cat-attitude




Challenge 114
Colour Inspiration



Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)



I do so love a colour challenge and this one was perfect.  I needed a decent sized picture to go in our spare bedroom and felt like a bit of experimenting.  We have a great printer here were I lived so after discussion with the company and working out which paper/card would be the best to try for mixed media painting and would also work with alcohol markers I set to creating the image ready for printing in A3 size.  I used a cat background and superimposed the image KRAYZEE KATZ, this was then fired off to the printers - Fantasy Prints, Berwick upon Tweed.  Great, only a day to wait and then I collected my A3 black outline image.  The background cats were then coloured with Promarkers and the main design a mixture of acrylic paint and stick-back fuzzy felt.  To create the shapes for the fuzzy felt I converted the Krayzee Katz image to an svg. and sent it to my die cutter.  To complete the picture I added a few gems and google eyes along with the sentiment which was also cut using fuzzy felt.

I just love this picture, so much fun and placed in an A2 picture frame it is just perfect size to go on the wall.

Ingredients:-
  • image -   KRAYZEE KATZ by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Promarkers and acrylic paint
  • other items - gems, goodle eyes
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

3 comments:

  1. EEEEEEeeeeeee !!! How amazing ! I didn't know this was a big picture :-) How fabulous to make this. I really love it. Such an awesome idea. I would love to come and have lessons with you about converting things to svg and stuff. You are sooooo talented my Friend :-D
    Thank you very much for taking the time to make this for me at IWC.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Excellent! Thank you for inspiration!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi