Time for another challenge over at
#10 ValentinesWe are onto the second week of our challenge so there is still plenty of time for you to enter and win the fabulous prize of $15 to spend in the IKEsWORLD store. To win the prize or be voted in the top 3 you MUST use and IKEsWORLD digi, lots to choose from so why not pop on over to the shop and have a look around.
4 - 17 Feb
4 - 17 Feb
Oh I just love these digs, there is something about colouring the female form :) :) This digi is called Lust 1. For this weeks DT creation I have to admit my head went into a strange mode and I came up with an idea but did ask Ike first if I could go ahead with it. Please don't be offended - but if you are blame Ike for saying yes hahahahahaha. Most folks make Valentine's cards for Valentine's Day but I made so many last year I really did not feel like making another one. Plus, I had just finished my jar of coffee which was rather a nice shape and wanted to use it for a project. If you look closely you will see what I filled the jar with, not the usual chocolates!!!!!!!!!!!!
I coloured the digi and placed it on a gradient background before printing. The jar lid was covered in red paper which has a lovely embossed texture and the digi placed on top. Next I finished off the sides of the digi with a couple of gold line stickers and some black lace top and bottom. Got to have red and black at Valentine's :) :) :) :) The top of the lid also needed some attention so I cut out a scalloped circle which was red card on one side and the same red paper I covered the jar lid on the upper side. For a bit of bling I added a red foam heart and some black lace behind to help it stand up better!!!!!!!!!!
I was in a bit of a quandary with the sentiment, part of me wanted something raunchy but the sensible side of me was saying enough is enough. The sensible side won and I went with a simple sentiment (mainly in case some kids accidentally come across this blog post - better safe than sorry) - better safe than sorry - where have I heard that before, bit like put a sock on it hahahahahahaha First I printed the simple sentiment then used the Cherry Lyn Heart To Heart Doily die which is really beautiful, only the centre section to start with to cut it out. I then used the same die for the cut out heart surround, these I attached both hearts together with ribbon.
- Lust 1 by IKEsART
- Dies - Cherry Lyn Heart To Heart Doily, Spellbinders Scallop Circles
- Jar - Davidoff Café Rich Aroma (the coffee was enjoyed, so nice to have a use for the great jar afterwards) hahahaha
- Red paper, lace, line stickers, ribbon, foam heart etc. from my stash
- Artistic Inspirations - W, E3 - Anything Goes / Valentine's Day
- Incy Wincy Designs - W, 5E - Sassy & Sexy
- Kaboodle Doodles - W, 3E - To My Sweetheart
- Love to Create - W, 3E - Red and/or Pink
- Anything But A Card Challenge - 2W, no cards - Challenge #32 (2nd Week)Tic Tac Love* (3 Week Challenge) - I used diagonal line - red, heart, lace
- The Corrosive Challenges - 2W, 3E -Challenge #192 (2nd week) Feel the Love
- Open-Minded Challenges - 2W, 3E (W2 of 2) #3 Show Some Love