Followers

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Love Nature


Another week another card for the One Stitch At A Time Challenge Blog!!!!

 The challenge this week is:-
Challenge # 157 - Spring

The Sponsor of this Challenge is StitchyBear

Prize for the winner who uses a digital stamp from the StitchyBear online shop wins $9 to spend in store. Non use of a StitchBear stamp wins $3

For this challenge I have used the digital stamp Love Nature by Gingerloft, available from the StitchyBear store to make my card.

After a couple of fabulous holidays downunder doing the real outback stuff - hubby and I are not the sort of people who do cities, tarmac, crowds etc.  Instead we hire a 4x4 vehicle which we can sleep in/or camp with and head out to find dirt road, scrub land, out of the way - non tourist places.  The first year we went we drove around for six weeks and the second time for five weeks.  Our only commitment was to be back at the place we hired the vehicle from on a certain date and then to the airport for our flight home.  Total adventures <g>.  I can hear you thinking how mad we are but both my hubby and I grew up in Africa so an adventure like this is not daunting, more like going home.

Initially I thought this would be an easy card to put together, I had my plan but it was not easy to colour, there was a certain ruggedness with the image, a childlike drawing which was so in keeping with the Love Nature name, and I wanted to try to keep that innocence.  No, I know nature is not innocent, it can be one of the cruelest things we encounter but there is comfort in it's balance, joy in it's celebration of colour, peace in its harmony, and knowing even after a tragedy nature goes on.

The centre part of this card is the digi, I wanted to fill the whole card with the image and try not to use any embellishments lol (I failed in that, could not resist a bit of sparkle around the sun). To achieve my plan I continued the drawing of the digi in the background and added a few words that came to mind to bring it all together and, in line with the challenge, incorporate SPRING.  So there we have it, how popping over to the OSAAT challenge to see what out other fabulous team have created.

Recipe:-

  • Digi  Love Nature by Gingerloft which was cut out and attached to the backing with foam tape for dimension
  • crystal gems from my stash
  • Text which I made up
Thanks for looking :)

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully imaginative card Mimi, great work.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job of spotlighting! Looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Easter/Spring’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique and wonderful card -- thanks so much for sharing it with us @ My Sheri Crafts challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Mimi! The way the centre section is coloured more brightly is particularly effective and adds depth to the scene. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations, and good luck.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scene you have created. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you ... I bet you took a trip down memory lane whist creating this card :-) As Spring has not arrived in the UK yet, this card holds the promise that better days are on the way .... Nature is awe inspiring .... and so are your cards xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wording you put around the image is fabulous, it really looks like it was part of the digi all along. Your adventure holidays sound like a great way of seeing the countryside and not being stuck in tourist routes. Living in the UK the huge distances of the Outback or Africa seem incomprehensible, however we are holidaying in South Africa in July and will be spending 5 days at the Krueger National Park so will have some idea of how vast these places are very soon :)

    You have such a lovely way of writing, you really draw a person into your story, that is a very rare gift.

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mandy, you are so going to love visiting the Krueger Park, am so excited for you Thank you so much for the dream of a comment re my story telling, I just write as I speak and generally need to be gagged as I go on for hours lol. We will have to have a coffee one day, am back in the UK soon :) Hope you are having a happy crafting day. Hugs Jane

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi