Followers

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Birthdays

  International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over and join us with you artwork :)


Challenge #141
Birthdays

Our challenge theme 'Birthdays' has been chosen by Chriss.


For my card this week I decided to make a mandala stencil and have lots of fun with Ink Oxides.  It has been ages since I made a physical card, think that is because playing with my laser cutter seems to have consumed most of my time so it really was a play day making this card :).  I started by designing the stencil on Illustrator and then cut it out using mylar and my laser.  From there it was onto playing with the inks to make a pretty pattern.  Oh so relaxing, I had a ball.  To finish off the card I added some gold pen details, die cut the sentiment and added some flat back pearls.  My youngest daughter saw this card and loved it then asked if it was her Birthday card.  It wasn't but as she loves it it is now hahaha.

3 comments:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful - it's a big birthday for me in November and I should have got in first! Your daughter is very lucky. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so gorgeous. You are so creative not only in your coloring, but in all the various crafting media you can use. I'm so impressed that you made your own stencil for this. The colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning wonderful colour combo
    Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi