Followers

Sunday, February 28, 2021

The Natural World at Christmas

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over and join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #103
The Natural World at Christmas (no robins)

This fortnights challenge 'The Natural World at Christmas (no robins)' has been chosen by Sall.  I thought I would try stamping on wood for this challenge and do glad I did, it worked brilliantly.  



I found a great wee box template to cut this box which is made with 3mm -ply.  It is the first time I have tried what is called, a living hinge.  Instead of creating hinges the wood is cut to make it flexible so it easily bends round curves. Once the box was cut on the laser I then wood stained the section with Light Oak to keep a natural look and then stamped a reindeer on the front and trees around the sides using Stazon.  The stamps used are from Creative Stamper monthly magazine. This is such a sweet wee box and so perfect for the Christmas dinner table with a small gift inside.  To make it more personal I would be changing the reindeer for the person's name :) :) 

I am entering this card in the following challenges : 


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi