Followers

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Purrfect End


The challenge this fortnight at I ❤️Promarkers is
 'Things That Fly'
and the sponsor for this challenge is Knitty Kitty Digis with a prize of Prize 3 single images to the winner (or one set).


For my card I have used the image Purrfect End.  The image was coloured with Promarkers then masked so I could complete the background with Pan Pastels.  Keeping with the theme, Things That Fly I printed the stars in the heart shape a second time and cut a heart shape around them to form a balloon, again coloured with Promarkers, Midnight Blue for the background and Metallic Bronze for the stars (they are quite shiny in real life so it is a shame they look so 'flat' in the photo).  Once coloured the balloon was attached with a wee spring to make a wobble balloon. 

You know when you have had something for absolutely ages and just never use it how good it feels to actually find a use, that is the case here with the lace trim.  Years ago I bought some sticky back paper lace from Lakeland but found the sticky back not really strong enough for cards hence have not used the pack until now.  The pack came with 4 different designs on rolls so I chose one, coloured it with Promarkers and then was able to strengthen the attachment with double sided tape behind the image.  Perfect, so happy with how it worked.

I am entering this card in the following challenges : -

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi