Followers

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Gemini - Abundance Twins

How could I resist colouring this new image by Aurora Wings, GEMINI - ABUNDANCE TWINS.
isn't it just so beautiful :)  Gemini is represented by The Twins, pretty obvious in the digital image but thinking about how to colour it to keep this theme without showing too much of a split personality had me pondering.  The colours of Gemini are yellow and blue so that was my starting point and I decided to go with yellow for the brighter side of Gemini and orange for the 'other' twin,  changing that on the lilies to show appreciation for how the 'twins' are intertwined.  The background, although mainly purple/violet because I just love these colours,  is blue for the orange flower twin, I stencilled a design in dark blue/violet.  The background was coloured with Pan Pastels.  Gemini Abundance was coloured with Promarkers, Polychrome pencils, coloured biros and finished off with Liquid Pearls and Stickles which you can't really see in the photo but add the wonderful sparkle in real light.  I mounted the image on black and then gold mirror card.  The card base was covered with some awesome pineapple paper I got in Thailand several years ago and has the most awesome texture.  To finish off the card I added a couple of die cut corners also cut from gold mirror card.



Image used :- GEMINI - ABUNDANCE TWINS by Aurora Wings
Colouring :- Promarkers, Polychromes, Pan Pastels
Other items :- stencil, die cuts, Stickles, Liquid Pearls

I am entering this card in the following challenges :-

  • House that Stamps Built 1W, 3E - Inspiration Photo*
  • The Flower Challenge (M, P4, C6, E5, must use flower image/stamp) #35 - Favourite flower - LILIES, especially the Oriental Lilies, the smell just makes me tingle from top to toe :) :) Alas they make hubby sneeze and we have cats too so I can only enjoy them when I go to the supermarket and can't resist a quick sniff :) :) 
  • Lemon Shortbread 2W, E3, no digital projects - #100 - Always Anything Goes (Week 2)
  • Dream Valley Challenges  (2W, 3E, C10) #207 HAND-COLORED IMAGE (WEEK 2)  
  • Dragonfly Dreams - M, Winner + Top Picks – (August) No Patterned Paper
  • Colour Crazy Challenge - W, 2E  - Wk 32 (W1 of 2)  and Wk 33 (W2 of 2) -   ANYTHING COLORING GOES (NO Precolored Images) Weekly Challenge run for 2 Weeks 

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Ginny!love that amazing image and pretty flowers too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is gorgeous!!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring is stunning. Thanks for playing along with us at Dragonfly Dreams. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on facebook and had to get a closer look! Wow! Gorgeous! You know, I seem to attract Gemini's into my life. My husband and son are Gemini's as well as my best friend.

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous!! Oh, my goodness, your coloring is stunning! Love how you've made them distinct but intertwined. And the dark background really lets the image pop! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That is one amazing card!! Your coloring is absolutely fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with our Inspiration Board challenge over on THTSB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card, love your colouring. Many thanks for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenge.
    Silke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi