Followers

Monday, February 4, 2019

Butterfly Lady

Aurora Wings

Anything Goes #74  

Time for a new challenge at Aurora Wings and this month a nice and easy theme to follow, Anything Goes.  For my DT creation I have use an Aurora Image I won some time ago and just fell in love with when I saw it, she is called Butterfly Lady and you can purchase her here.

I first printed the image minus the wings with the background I had created.  Once printed and I have to admit here I love working digitally but I don't like the flat look of the printout so the background was only printed faintly so could then go over it with Pan Pastels and inks to give it more body.  I also printed a set of wings on acetate which will be attached at the very end. Next it was out with the foiling machine and a Birthday Wishes die.  I have yet to work out how to keep the die in the right place when foiling as the pressure of my TODO roller tends to move it.  So far the only way I can keep it almost in place is with tape but it is not totally successful.  However, the end result of foiling is just delicious, the impressions made in the card and the wonderful metallic look is right up my street.  With that done I coloured the Butterfly Lady with Promarkers and using texture paste mixed with some pigment powders in red and gold added my embossed stencilled embellishing, finishing off with red and gold flat back pearls.  Now for the bit which to me really makes this card a bit special, the wings, which I printed on acetate. Oh boy stress, I was so sure I would forget to include the tags I would need to attach them but thankfully my memory did not let me down.  The sections were cut out and using Distress Oxides I applied green and gold on the back of the printed design and sprayed with a light varnish to stop any smudging on the card.  Not easy to apply and most of this was done with my finger hahahahaha except for the varnish spray.  I then cut the sections on the Butterly Lady image where I needed slots to slide the tabs I added to the wings through and then hold them in place from behind.  The two main wings were not bad to do this with the the headpiece wings were rather fiddly.  To finish off I added some more gold flat backed pearls and the ever go to Stickles.  While all this was drying properly I coloured the card base with red ink and stamped a random design in gold.  To bring everything together before assembly I mounted my top image layer onto black card.  I love the wings on this card, when it is standing up any wee draft causes them to move just a little bit, just like one would expect wings to do in real life.



Items Used:-
Images:- 
  • LADY BUTTERFLY
  • Promarkers, Pan Pastels, pigment powders, Distress Oxides, texture paste, flat backed pearls and Stickles

I am entering this creation in the following challenges:-




8 comments:

  1. I am speechless at the beauty of this piece, Jane and can barely wrap my head around the complicated way it was constructed, but the out come is definitely glorious beyond words. The texture and depth of color is truly amazing. Totally fabulous in every way! WOW! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Mimi! Love the rich reds with green and gold accents. So opulent! Thank you for the exquisite inspiration for our mid-challenge post at AWCB today. M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so ver stunning and creative!! Thank you for joining the Alphabet 'wings' challenge!
    Diane AC DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so vibrant, thanks for joining us at MAWTT . Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the image and the way you put it all together. Very pretty indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our Alphabet Challenge! Good Luck and please come back next month!

    Darlene
    Alphabet Challenge DT
    ALPHABET CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, and hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice card! Great background!
    Thanks for joining us!
    Ana Isabel DT Coordinator at Corrosive Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi