Followers

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Cats and Dogs

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #49
Cats and/or Dogs


For my design team creation I have used a red rubber stamp which I must have had for about 10 years and never used.  Why some may ask lol.  I bought a bunch of rubber stamp sheets which were on offer with some great images but my stamping technique was useless and I never got good results until I bought a stamping platform about 18 months ago, what a difference that has made.  For my card I stamped the image and stamped a mask for it.  Using three colours of ink I randomly stamped the corner of the card base and the image layer with a stamp from the Sheena Douglas of Crafter's Companion Textures set.  Next I coloured the image with Promarkers.  Finally I stamped the Birthday greeting on some spare card.  The card topper and the sentiment were layers onto black paper, then a light turquoise paper and finally a second black paper.  Once all the sections were complete I assembled the card.  Hope you like it :)



Challenges entered:-

5 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the background. I am like you, I had a hard time stamping until I got my stamping platform.

    Hugs,
    Chriss - DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image is lovely and coloured beautifully. I love it set to one side too. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card - love the design. And I'm so with you on the stamping platform. I'd be lost without mine now, and even gave my daughter one for Christmas as she's just starting with stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Beautifully colored. They look almost like a photo instead of a colored image. Maggie, DT Sister

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi