Followers

Monday, August 13, 2018

Wolke

I was asked to make a card for a friends sister with a image of her horse on it.  Her horse is a black Frisian called Wolke and is now 13 years old and really is her baby :)


Now I am no drawer but with the help of my computer I was able to get a good outline shape for the horse's head and the placement of the most important bits which was a great help.  I then coloured the background using Distress Oxides but this time I used a paintbrush to get a stroked effect instead of the usual blending I do.  Onto colouring the horse's head with trepidation and a rather shaky hand lol.  Prismacolor pencils were used for this and many many breaks so I could step back from the image and come back to if fresh, I really did not want to muck this one up as it was a special birthday card.  So very pleased with the outcome, not quite sure I can believe I did it and both my friend and more importantly, my friends sister really love it, happy bunnies all round. 

Will let you into a little story now, I was given the wrong spelling of the horse's name and so it was a mad dash to sort the spelling the day before the birthday.  My friend was so upset when her dad pointed out the spelling was wrong, tears shed and she contacted me to ask if I could do anything.  It was tricky as I had used PVA glue to stick the letters down, thankfully it was just the E at the end which was originally an A.  I heated the card gently behind the letter and with my craft knife prised the A off then had to do a bit of repair work when I had accidentally lifted the colour from the background.  You can still see the mark left by the A as I had also used a spray varnish on the card but it is not overly obvious thankfully :) :)

Image - photo provided by my friend which I copied
Colour - background Distress Oxides, horse Prismacolor pencils
Other items - die cut letters, spray varnish, copper peel off line stickers

Challenges entered:-






5 comments:

  1. you did a great job drawing that black beauty, Wolke sounds Frysian too. Thank you for playing at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome image! Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super stunning - I love it. I am sure she will be over the moon with this :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. Beautiful horse. Thanks for sharing at Sunny Day Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job here! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ ttph

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi