Followers

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Mackintosh Rose

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #36
Art Nouveau



This fortnights challenge theme for our DT has been chosen by me :).  I have always loved the Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles, colourful and makes great use of shape. I have chosen to use the Mackintosh Rose, a stylised rose that still holds popularity today.   My grandmother's maiden name was Mackintosh (another reason for choosing this rose to create with) and I hang on tightly to my Scottish routs.  Her father was from a small place called Boner Bridge just north of Inverness, a true highlander :) :) :) 





I started by using a die cutting design for the rose and and cut this out three times, once on black card for the background, once on silver mirror card which I then coloured loose sections with Promarkers and filled in the cut out sections of the black card with them.  The third cut was on acetate so I could make a stencil for the inside of the card.  I used black to cover the card base and then silver mirror card.  I then embossed the black die cut rose layer and embossed it with a Mackintosh Rose folder I have.  This was then attached to the mirror card layer and the areas filled in with the coloured rose sections to complete the design.  Finish off with a simple layered sentiment on the front and stencilled rose design done with Distress Inks completed the card.

Challenges entered:-

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect image framed beautifully with the black and silver. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Just love how you inlaid the image, and colored the silver instead of using/wasting different papers. Making a stencil was so creative too, it looks beautiful. Great challenge! I have some Scottish blood too. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous my friend! So sweet that you were able to pay a little homage to your grandmother.

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely stunning on the black!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Dang, left a comment then accidentally deleted it!) I said basically... What an elegant card! Love the way you made the stencil to add to the inside. I also appreciated your descriptive post. Thank you for sharing this at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this card is so pretty with its rich colors, lovely design, and shine, too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such an fantastic project!! The details are amazing! Thanks so much for adding it to our Stencil It challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So dramatic, love it! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful and dramatic result! I love how personal this image is to you and how beautifully you've used it here. It's such a treat to see you share with us at A Vintage Journey. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi