Followers

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Dufex and Angelina Fibre

Lost and found, yep I seem to have a lot of that going on at the moment.  For the past few years I have had two craft rooms (well 1 main one in Saudi and one with basic supplies here in the UK).  Now hubby has retired and we have returned to soggy England my two craft rooms are united and have become 1.  I am still finding things I bought ages ago and tucked away here in the UK ready for our return hahaha.

One of the items found was a box with Dufex decoupage sheets in so one of the sheets saw the light of day for this card.  The other item which was in Saudi with me for many years but not used as it was to precious, I had tucked it away and then forgot about it until I packed up my craft room lol was Hot Fix Angelina Fibre where you pulled the fibres into the shape you wanted and then ironed.  I decided to cover the whole card in 2 shades of Angelina Fibre, a dark blue and a copper.  They were so shiny in the packets but when I ironed them they seemed to take on a matt look.  Think this was my fault as I did not have any parchment paper to iron the strands between so used some other non-stick cooking stuff and I suspect it had a wax finish to it.  Oh well live and learn.  With the scraps of the fibre that were left over after trimming the card blank, instead of throwing away I added them as a backing layer behind the decoupaged image.  The Christmas Wishes sentiment is from Tim Holtz dies and this was cut 4 time with each layer mounted one of top of the other to make them really stand out and give an almost chipboard feel.

Challenges entered :-

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.
    ~Janis
    The Merry Christmas Challenge, Owner/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dufex and Angelina Fibres - they must have been lurking in your stash for squillions of years! I can't remember when I last saw either. Definitely time they were brought out of cold storage, and you've made a fab card with them. Thanks for sharing at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely holiday card!
    Thanks for getting lost and found with the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous Christmas card, I love that image and the beautiful design! Thanks so much for joining us at the Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card.. Thanks for being lost and found with the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for getting *lost and found* with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! Your card is awesome!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is Beautiful, (I have some of those fibers too and unused thanks for the reminder of them) Glad you played along with lost and found at the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi