Followers

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Over the Hill

You know when you get one of those days when you need some 'me time' but don't know what to create.  Today was one of those days so I headed over to PaperPlayful to find a couple of challenges to enter and create a card around their themes.  Sounds simple but I still had to trash my first attempt, it just did not come together as I had hoped.  Deciding not to quit I started again and totally forgot one of the challenges had to have something with the letter 'D' - blow me my first attempt was using a drill the second card I forgot the D and did cars.  It was not till I was half way through it I realised grrrrrrr.  Thankfully after moaning to hubby he came up with disc brakes as they are on a car and drew me a nice wee picture of what they look like.  Now to make them, what would work?  - Button dies lol.  I don't have many male themed cards in my stash so this is a handy one to put away and I do rather like how it turned out.  After my crafting 'me time' I feel a lot better hahahaha.


The background was created with a vintage car stamp from Papermania which I have had for ages.  I stamped a couple of spare cars and fussy cut them to use for masking.  The sentiment stamp is from and the Birthday stamp a freebie from a magazine.  Spellbinder dies were used for the topper and white circles for the disc brakes, the button die is in a packet I have and have not written who the maker is sorry.  Black ribbon added a bit of texture to the card.

Challenges entered :-



6 comments:

  1. Eine tolle Karte hast du gezaubert mit einem sehr kreativen Hintergrund - das gefällt mir!
    Vielen Dank für's Mitmachen bei Paperminutes.

    Liebe Grüße -
    Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah! I love that sentiment. Great card! Thank you for joinig us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card, loving the idea, not sure they had disc brakes for those old cars. LOL Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Card and cool Background! thanks for showing it for paperminutes this week.
    hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you stamped the images to create a wonderful background for your card. Great take on our sketch! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi