Followers

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Bookaholic


Somthing a little different from me :)  I have made lots and lots of cards but was thinking a while back (no I am not about to be morbid) that I did not have anything to leave my two daughters when my time comes to move to the next dimension :) that was something that truly represented me, something that was home made, not a bought item, not something they feel they will have to put on display but does not match their decor etc if you get my drift.  My thinking got me heading down the path of making a journal for each of them, something to be put away until after I am gone and that they will find and hopefully feel I am close by them :) :) :).  I have managed to get hold of a couple of second hand books and following a idea I read somewhere cut out about 7 pages leaving 5 cutting another 7 leaving 5 and so on.  The 5 page sections are glued together and the 7 page gap allows for my multimedia pages to be built up but still allowing the book to close properly, well that is the idea anyway :).  I am making two books, one for each of my precious girls and this is the first page of the first book for my youngest daughter who loves to read, something I don't take much pleasure in doing hahaha.

For the first page of my art journal I have used the image Bookaholic by Lucy Loo of TheEastWind available from Sweet Pea Stamps in both rubber and as a digi. I coloured the image with Faber Castell Polychromos.


The image was then fussy cut and put to one side while I went to play, sorting the background for the pages. 

To begin with I used Gesso to paint over the text on the pages.  Next I used an old flower template I have had for ages and applied texture paste to create the embossing.  
I then printed my text which I computer generated and glued this to the page.  Once all this was dry I used Spectrum Noir Tints to colour wash the background then applied some Brusho powders which I misted with water to bring out the pigment and allow the colours to follow some of the lumps and bumps of the now dry background.
Next I used a pattern stamp and black Archival ink and added some lace medallions which matched the texture stamp.  To finish off I added black and silver bead braid around my text circle and a small black bow and to the right of the image, three spiral paper clips and 7 black pearls.  

For a first attempt at doing something like this I am rather pleased with the outcome and most of all, I had an absolute blast.  


Ingredients:-
  • Image -  Bookaholic by Lucy Loo of TheEastWind 
  • Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos, Brusho, Spectrum Noir Tints
  • From my Stash - textured paste, gesso, lace flower medallions, doily, paperclips, black pearls.
I am entering into the following challenges:-

9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous journal and love the hair colour on your image. Smashing job
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting with an Attitude. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art journal page. Great colours - love your design. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Friends this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely project Mimi, but at CC & CC we only do cards. We would love to have you make one and share it with us. Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful journal, love the image. Great card, Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our "Animals" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous journal page with an awesome idea behind it. I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it now and in the future!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Realy beautiful card. I like your colors. Thank you for joining BSC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful journel I am sure your daughters will love them. thanks for joining us at Crafting with Friends. Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card - thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, I love the colours and the all the detail is stunning. Thank you for joining us at Morgan's Artworld. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi