Followers

Monday, December 29, 2014

Wonderland Cake

Just a quick make today and something new :) :) :) The image used in this cake box is a brand new in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet and was designed by CraftyGirl, isn't it totally awesome :)   I can just see Cake Boss turning out a cake that looks just like this can't you?

The image is called Wonderland Cake and you can purchase it now in the store.

I just had to make this image into part of the decoration on a muffin box.  The muffin box was a challenge in itself, with not liking the kitchen I don't cook much so had to go out and buy a muffin, not just for the photo but to get the dimensions.  I started off making an open top box and used a Sizzix die to create the window which I then used acetate behind.  Next I created the lid.  Inside the box I have made a holder which the cake sits nicely in and stops it falling over when being carried round.

In keeping with the image I found some items to embellish the lid which matched perfectly, a clock charm which I added a chain to, a small glass bottle with a cork top which I put some water and paint into to match my colouring on the digi (the cork was then glued in place so no chance of spillages) and a chipboard rabbit which I painted white.  I was not sure what to use next, do I add flowers or what but in the end raked out a bit of hessian decorative stuff and scrunched it up to make a nest.  The items were then glued inside this.
 The image was coloured with Promakers and Faber Castle Polychromos pencils.  I added the sentiment which I produced digitally and mounted it in the same cards as I used for the box.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - Wonderland Cake by CraftyGirl Creations
  • Colouring Media - Promarkers and Polychromos pencils
  • Dies - Spellbinders Ovals and Scalloped Ovals, Sizzix - 657939
  • A4 card stock printed on both sides
  • Gold Stickles
  • Other items from my stash
I am entering this cake box in the following challenges:-

10 comments:

  1. What a cool project! The sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi this is beautiful and cute
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin


    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cute cake box. Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouw fablous card. Thanks so much for entering in our challenge party time at CC&CC.
    Hope to see you in our next challenge.
    xxx Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great little project! The embellishments really add detail xx love the bottle! Thank you for joining us over at http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Divas by Design DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. a gorgeous card!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet-Challenge!

     

    Hugs and kisses from germany,

    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project Mimi, love all the details. Thank you for joining in the last challenge of the year at Allsorts. Hope you had a lovely Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely project Mimi, but at CC & CC we only do cards. We would love to have you make one and share it with us. Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation, cute!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.
    Happy New Year;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite cartoons :) Very happy to see such a cool project inspired by it! The embellishments are the PERFECT touch! Thanks for joining us at DigiStamps4Joy :)
    Cheers!
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi