Followers

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sweet Pea Book


Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #207

Flowers

Our sponsor this week is the StitchyBear Digital Outlet with a prize of $9 to spend in the store.  To win this prize you MUST use a digi from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet.  A second prize of $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet will be given to an entrant who does not use a SB product.

For this weeks challenge I have used the digi Sweet Pea by Stitchy Stamps and available from the Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet.  Instead of making a baby card with this adorable digi I decided to try something new.  A few weeks ago I picked up a pre made book, the type I think are for decoupaging as I thought it wold make a nice change to making cards all the time.  I had in mind it would be perfect for a special birthday, baby or Christening project.

I started off by painting the whole book white.
 I then covered the back with so pale green leaf organic paper which a friend brought back from Thailand for me, what a lovely gift <g>.
 Next I printed the verse and digi. The digi was coloured with Promarkers and then both sections were cut using Spellbinders Labels 1.
 Out with some baby ribbon and flowers which I airbrushed with the same Promarker colours as I used in the dig.
Next some lace and the same treatment - airbrushed with Promarkers.
With everything ready it was time to assemble.  I added a ribbon bookmark with a nappy pin at one end and two small mauve hearts.  I also airbrushed the sides of the book to give the impression of pages.
 And here is the finished project :)  I also added Liquid Pearls around the two cut out areas for a bit of glam <g>

Ingredient:-
  • Digi - Sweet Pea by Stitchy Stamps and available from the Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet
  • Cardboard book base
  • Promarkers
  • Liquid Pearls
  • Ribbon, lace, charm, bow flowers from my stash
I am entering this project in the following challenges:-


18 comments:

  1. A lovely project, Jane, and beautifully made. Love all the little embellishments. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Love all the embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely Jane. I love the colours and all the lovely embellishments, especially the diaper pin !! Great job (as always)

    Lynn, OSAAT DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the handmade paper on the back...I have some that I hoard! Love that your lace is over 20 years old...that is definitely "an oldie but a goodie"! Such a stunning project. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful project. Lovely keepsake to be treasured. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful project and a great use of the aged lace. thanks for playing along at OBAG and Good Luck!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful project you made, i love it.
    Thanks for joining at CaM Challenge.
    Hugs Sandra GDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation with so many wonderful details. I especially like the use of liquid pearls around the cutout...very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at TPC this week. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely...
    Thank you for entering our challenge over at CraftyHands x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a very special gift for new parents to receive as they welcome their new bundle of love into their hearts and home. Treasure, this 'book' is so beautiful with that gorgeous organic backing paper and all the lace, flowers and delicate colouring. I love the addition of the bookmark with it's diaper pin. The more I enjoy looking at this the more I see to enjoy. The balance between the pages is lovely ....and I'm sure that all the pages in this book hold all the best of good wishes to baby and family. Beautiful treasure.
    Lots of love xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, so much time and thought has gone into this project. Many thanks for joining the crafty hands challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This little book is just lovely. You are so talented! :D Just beautiful details and image with such a heart felt sentiment. :D
    Deborah (DT sis @ OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so beautiful Mimi! I love how you've done this! I must have a go!! Thanks for joining us at Left of Center Creative Challenges this fortnight! Why not check out our latest challenge starting today! Mo dt coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! The image is so sweet and coloring is gorgeous. Love all the details in your design. Congrats on your Top 3 win! Maggie (OSAAT DT Teamie)

    ReplyDelete
  15. C'est ravissant !
    Merci pour ta participation au creative corner challenge
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, wunderschön! Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Cards und More. LG Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful - a really elegant design.

    Thanks for joining us at Cards and More.

    Helen GDT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi