Followers

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Daydream


Hello all, hope you are having a good day.  I am, so excited as my Spring collection Promarkers and a couple of blender pens along with some fine nibs have just arrived after a very long journey from the UK to Saudi - hurray.  Can't wait to play with them - thank you big sister for sorting the order and posting them to me - you are a STAR xx

OK, onto today's post.  I have not coloured a non caucasian digi before so this is a first for me.  Have you noticed how most of us colour in caucasian colours?  I must say I had a lot of fun with this personal challenge of mine and it is certainly something I will be doing again :).  To make the card I also tried something new for me, to use a die to make a cut-out design.  I would normally do this with my electronic cutter but today it was time for the Cherry Lynn flourish die to be used.  I kept the cut out sections and used them along with a couple more I made in a darker pink to embellish the card.  Instead of having just the cutout design showing I lined the inside of the the front of the card with brown mulberry paper, it looks so delicate in real life with the light shining through so you can see the heavier fibers in the paper but alas I didn't capture the effect with the camera.  I printed the digi and cut it out using X-Cut scallop circles and used the same die to cut the brown mount underneath.  Next I used Cherry Lynn Mini butterflies and cut them out in the two shades of pink for the tops and brown for the shadow layer.  To finish the card off I added a large pink organza bow, a spray of flowers and Liquid Pearls plus another smaller pink organza bow.

Ingredients:-
  • Pink Hammer Card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Daydream with Sentiment by Digi Blessing 
  • Dies - Cherry Lynn Tropical Flourish and Mini Butterflies, X-Cut Scalloped Circles and Elizabeth Craft Designs Bees
  • Flowers, organza ribbon and Liquid Pearls from my stash
I am entering this card in the following challenges:-



11 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is just gorgeous. Love the flower sprays and all the little insects.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card. Love all the embellishments you've added. Thanks for joining us at LOC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card so gorgeously embellished! Thanks for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, so pretty, I want to go and just daydream in your beautiful garden so full of butterflies and bees. I'm sure I'd look as relaxed and contented as the beautiful little lady you've created this card around. I'm sure your brain must have been really 'buzzing' whilst you were deciding how to use different techniques to their best advantage. Well, you hit the honey pot in the final card because it is gorgeous. Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card and you did a fabulous job with that image! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mimi, this is just gorgeous! I saw your card on Make My Monday so popped on over for a peek!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card, thank you for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mimi, what a pretty card! I love your sweet little butterflies here. Thank you so much for joining the challenge this week over at Cheery Lynn Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pink and brown color combination and what a true sentiment. Adorable card, Mimi. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card, this is just gorgeous! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really lovely card. Thanks for joining in with our MMM challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi